Flashfood app allows you to buy high quality, surplus grocery items at steep discounts, up to 50% off without using digital coupons. Flash food is available in grocery stores like Loblaws (Real Canadian Superstore) or Maxi (Quebec). You’ll save money on your grocery shopping while, basically saving the planet.
Currently, the Flashfood app is available at select Loblaw (er not, lublows) locations across Canada (Real Canadian Superstore, Loblaws, Zehrs, Dominion, Maxi and Provigo). Flashfood is a super simple way to get amazing food deals everyday!
Here’s how this genius food app works to get you cheap groceries:
- Start browsing food items like meat, bread, dairy, and yummy desserts.
- Add those items to your cart and purchase right from your phone.
- Head out to collect your food from the grocery location.
- Follow signs to the Flashfood zone, *hint* it’ll be green!
- Confirm your picked up at the nearby customer service desk.
PS: Excitement can get the best of us - don’t forget to look both ways before crossing the street!
Some food for thought:
• When food gets thrown out, most times it ends up in a landfill. The food then gets covered by other garbage and when it rots, it doesn’t have any oxygen. This process produces methane gas, which leads to greenhouse gas effects.
• If international food waste was a country, it would be the 3rd largest greenhouse gases producer after the USA and China!
• This is not expired food. Actually, did you know that the expiry date does not equal the best before date? The food sold is approaching its best before date by a few days to a few weeks, so it’s perfectly edible.
By purchasing through Flashfood, you negate those harmful environmental effects. Thank you, you’re basically a Saint.