Step 1. Plan an event
Organizing an event during Waste Reduction Week in Canada is an excellent way to engage your community in the 3Rs and circular economy. Although many in-person events may not be possible this year due to COVID-19, we encourage participants to get creative and organize low-risk and virtual events. Some ideas include:
- Online repair workshops or tutorial videos
- Local, small-scale clean-ups
- Local landmark lightings
- Waste-free lunches at home, work, or school
- Waste collection drives such as hazardous waste, textiles, or electronics
- Online documentary screenings
- Virtual tours of recycling facilities
- Public installations
- Plastic-free challenges
Step 2. Register your event in the Waste Reduction Week Events Directory
Register your event so that people across Canada find your event and attend it. We'll also help promote your event to our audiences.
Step 3. Promote!
Promotion is key for a successful event. Share your event and your event results on social media using hashtag #WasteReductionWeek
Step 4. Find an event
Check out what waste reduction events are going on in your area! Click each listing for full event details.