Step 1. Plan an event
Organizing an event during Circular Economy Month or Waste Reduction We is an excellent way to engage your community in the 3Rs and circular economy. Ideas for events include:
- Repair workshops
- Clothing/material swaps. Check out our Swap It Toolkit to learn how to host your own swap event!
- Community litter clean-ups
- Local landmark lightings
- Waste-free lunches at home, work, or school
- Waste collection drives such as hazardous waste, textiles, or electronics
- Documentary screenings
- Educational webinars
- Recycling facility tours
- Art installations using upcycled materials
- Waste reduction challenges or contests
Step 2. Register your event in our Events Directory
Register your event so that people across Canada find your event and attend it. We'll also help promote your event to our audiences.
Step 3. Promote!
Promotion is key for a successful event. Share your event and your event results on social media using the program hashtags #CircularEconomyMonth and/or #WasteReductionWeek.