Monuments & landmarks across Canada are lighting up blue & green to celebrate Circular Economy Month and Waste Reduction Week in Canada! Organize a lighting in your area during the month of October and let us know about it by emailing info@CircularEconomyMonth.ca.
How to Request a Lighting
1. Choose a landmark or building in your community that offers special lightings. In the past these have included: CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Calgary Tower, local city halls or squares, government buildings, sports complexes, and more!
2. Pick a day from October 1-31 to have your lighting.
3. Contact your local city hall, facilities department, or the organization that manages the landmark you are requesting. Keep in mind that some landmarks require a few weeks in advance to book the space.
4. Register your lighting on our events page or email us at info@CircularEconomyMonth.ca
5. Share on social media using the hashtags #CircularEconomyMonth #WasteReductionWeek
Airdrie - City Hall, October 18th
Calgary - Calgary Tower, October 19th
Vancouver - Bloedel Conservatory, October 17th
North Vancouver - District of North Vancouver Municipal Hall, October 17th
Coquitlam - Lafarge Lake & Pinetree Way, October 17th
Victoria - BC Parliament Building - Front Fountain, Ceremonial Entrance, and Waterfall, October 17th
Dawson Creek - Calvin Kruk Centre for the Arts, October 17th
Fort St. John - Centennial Park, October 17th
Port Moody - Inlet Centre Fire Hall, October 17th
Newfoundland and Labrador
Toronto - CN Tower, October 4th
Toronto - 3D TORONTO Sign, October 17th
Kingston - City Hall, October 6th
Guelph - City Hall, October 17th - 23rd
Mississauga - Clock Tower, October 17th
Fergus - Wellington County Museum & Archives, October 17th - 23rd