Monuments & landmarks across Canada are lighting up blue & green to celebrate Waste Reduction Week! Organize a lighting in your area during Waste Reduction Week 2019 (Oct. 21 -27) and let us know about it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to request a lighting?
- 1. Choose a landmark or building in your community that offers special lightings. In the past these have included: CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Calgary Tower, local city halls or squares, government buildings, sports complexes, and more!
- 2. Pick a day from Oct. 21 to Oct. 27 to have your lighting.
- 3. Contact your local city hall, facilities department, or the organization that manages the landmark you are requesting. Keep in mind that some landmarks require a few weeks in advance to book the space.
- 4. Register your lighting on our events page or email us at email@example.com
- 5. Share on social media using the hashtag #WasteReductionWeek
Waste Reduction Week 2018 Lightings
BC Place, Vancouver BC: Oct. 14
Civic Plaza, City of Surrey BC: Oct. 15 - 19
Town Hall, Carleton Place ON: Oct. 15 - 21
British Columbia Parliament Buildings, Victoria BC: Oct. 15
CN Tower, Toronto ON: Oct. 16
Calgary Tower, Calgary AB: Oct. 16
Canada Place, Vancouver BC: Oct. 16
Vancouver City Hall, BC
Niagara Falls, ON: Oct. 18 (light show at 10 p.m.)
Toronto Sign, ON: Oct. 19
Science World, Vancouver BC: Oct. 17
City of Airdrie, Alberta
Festival Place, Sherwood Park AB
Streelights in the City of Coquitlam, BC lit blue for Waste Reduction Week!