Monuments & landmarks across Canada are lighting up blue & green to celebrate Waste Reduction Week! Organize a lighting in your area during Waste Reduction Week 2021 (Oct. 18 -24) and let us know about it by emailing email@example.com.
How to Request a Lighting
1. Choose a landmark or building in your community that offers special lightings. In the past these have included: CN Tower, Niagara Falls, Calgary Tower, local city halls or squares, government buildings, sports complexes, and more!
2. Pick a day from Oct. 18 to Oct. 24 to have your lighting.
3. Contact your local city hall, facilities department, or the organization that manages the landmark you are requesting. Keep in mind that some landmarks require a few weeks in advance to book the space.
4. Register your lighting on our events page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Share on social media using the hashtag #WasteReductionWeek
- Inlet Centre Fire Hall, Port Moody BC
Monday, Oct. 18
- Toronto Sign
- Riverwalk Commons and Fred A. Lundy Bridge, Newmarket ON
- CN Tower, Toronto ON
- Calvin Kruk Centre for the Arts, Dawson Creek BC
- Centennial Park, Fort St. John BC
Tuesday, Oct. 19
Wednesday, Oct. 20
Thursday, Oct. 21
Friday, Oct. 22
Saturday, Oct. 23
Sunday, Oct. 24
- Niagara Falls ON (watch on the Niagara Falls livestream)