Composting is a creative and effective method to reduce the amount of food waste and other organic waste we produce. The City of Toronto is working with FoodShare through the Community Composting Community Reduce and Reuse Program to deliver an informative workshop on how to develop a small-scale community compost program, and tips to run a successful compost operation by the knowledgeable FoodShare compost team.
Topics to be discussed include:
• Various forms of composting
• Establishing the right carbon and nitrogen ratio for your compost
• Ensuring your compost receives appropriate levels of moisture and aeration
• Temperature regulation
• The role of microbes in compost production
• Applications of compost in your very own gardens
When: Friday, October 21, 2022, from 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Where: Zoom. Link will be provided upon registration.
To attend, please register using the following link:
The Zoom link will be provided to those who register.
Please note that spots are limited. Register today!