Did you know the average person throws away 37 kilograms of textiles each year, and 95 per cent of those clothes could be reused or recycled? Globally, textiles waste has increased dramatically due to the rise in clothing consumption and production.
Textiles Tuesday will raise awareness on the environmental consequences of clothing and textiles consumption, and provide information on how you can donate your clothes for rewear/reuse
Key Messaging for Textiles Tuesday
We recommend communicating the following messaging on Textiles Tuesday:
- Practicing conscious consumption
- Learning about the environmental impacts of clothing production
- Repairing clothes before purchasing new
- Repurposing clothes into new outfits and accessories
- Extending the life of textiles through reuse: clothing swaps, shopping thrift, and donating clothes.