Take the Food Waste Pledge!
Take the pledge and commit to making choices that will keep your food from becoming waste. You can take the pledge as an individual, school, business/organization, household, or community.
When you take the Food Waste Pledge, you'll committ to:
- Learn about food waste in Canada
- Take action to reduce your food waste by:
- Planning meals and making a grocery list
- Storing fruits and vegetables properly so they last longer
- Getting creative with leftovers
- Thinking about expiry dates
- Share your experience and encourage others to take the pledge on social media using the hashtag #WasteReductionWeek
2017 Waste-Free Lunch Challenge
If you are an elementary school or classroom taking The Food Waste Pledge as part of the Waste-Free Lunch Challenge, please use The Pledge For Kids link above.
For more information on the Waste-Free Lunch Challenge, please visit wastefreelunch.com
Your school could be eligible to win $250 to support environmental initiatives. One prize will be awarded per province/territory to the school who shows us their best effort to go waste free at lunch!
To be eligible for prizes schools must:
- Be a school in Canada (Elementary, Junior, or Secondary)
- Take the Food Waste Pledge
- Educate students, parents, and staff by accessing the food waste resources
- Follow Waste Reduction Week in Canada on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Share your Waste-Free Lunch experience through creative videos and/or photos on social media using the hashtag #WasteReductionWeek
Food Waste Friday is Sponsored by: